Sunday, August 21, 2005

the grind.

I will make a shortfilm... or maybe a book later on, about being a summer barista... it will be called 'the grind'.

I have an evaluation coming up on friday; a Barista Evaluation... note the intimidating capital letters... So I'm spending way more time on bar this week trying to prep.

I made myself two cappucino's, both sucked. But later I worked on bar for a string of drinks that turned out just fine. Lots of firsts. First time foaming soy, first extra hot latte, first mocha... the list goes on. I did all of them fine, so maybe I stand a chance at passing this test after all...

I'm being distracted by a movie... and trying to size up prices for buying a silk screen... mmm silkscreen. Seriously folks. I need like... twenty outlets for my creative processes... I just really can't draw...

later skaters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon. said...

oh, meags, my creative lil muffin. If it came to the silkscreen, I would consider putting down half the capital investment to buy one with you, and there are silkscreen courses at York. You don't need to draw much either...adobe photoshop is your friend! I have been imaginging shortfilms as of late; my dreams have been disturbingly cinematic.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Shannon. said...

lookie! eBay! good deals! i have an account...prices for these puppies ranges from 6000.00 US to 67.00 cdn + 75.00 shipping. if we can justify the capital investment, it might be a neat small business.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home