Wednesday, August 24, 2005

de b'ys from a ways back east.

I periodically get asked if I'm from 'the rock'... I'm not, but I consider it a high compliment to be asked.

There are Newfoundlanders wherever you look it seems. Out here they work as loggers and fishermen. This is some of the hardest, most dangerous work in Canada. It also pays. So they can make some money and go back home for the winter.

And you never saw a more homesick bunch.

Shannon ran into a lot of boys from Newfoundland when she was treeplanting. I guess they're just scattered across Canada working to get back home.
It would be odd, to live in a province where you couldn't make a dime if you tried.


... I'll live there at some point in my life, I'm sure. In the meantime, cheers to the boys from a ways back east.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home